Imagine how it would look if the Orion nebula is only four light years away - the distance the nearest star is to us, instead of 1,300 light years. It would be so bright that we wouldn’t be aware of the dark sky. We wouldn’t see other stars. The whole world would be the Orion nebula and the sun.
25 Truly Useful Inventions That You Never Knew You Needed
→ Day 5 (trailer)
12 Things You Should Start Making Time for Again
- Taking better care of yourself. – You are like a building with stained-glass windows. You always shimmer and shine when the sun is out, but when darkness sets in your true magnificence is revealed only if there is light shining from within you. It’s your duty, and yours alone, to keep your inner light shining bright. So learn to love yourself first, instead of loving the idea of other people loving you. Loving yourself does not mean being selfish and narcissistic, or disregarding others. Rather, it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart and mind – a guest worthy of extra care and respect. Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it. That’s a great start.
- Getting lost in playful exploration. – Sometimes we put too much weight into trying to control every tiny aspect of our lives. Switch gears, relax and ride the path that life takes you sometimes. Try something new, be a bit daring, and explore your curiosity. Letting go a little lets you experience the unexpected. The greatest joys in life are often the unexpected surprises that you never intended to happen. If you want to get really good at something, let go of the notion of perfection and replace it with the notion of endless playful exploration. We don’t stop dreaming and exploring because we grow old; we grow old because we stop dreaming and exploring.
- Indulging in your passions and hobbies. – Do fall in love, not always with a person, but with an aim, an ambition, a passion. If you lost everything but your mind, heart and health, what would be your reason to wake up every morning with a smile? There’s definitely a fire burning inside you. It’s your job to find it and keep it lit. As we grow older, with all of our responsibilities, our passions and hobbies often seem like an indulgence. They shouldn’t be. They should be a requirement. Even if you can only dedicated 20 minutes a day to something you love, DO IT. No excuses, no regrets.
- Spreading joy. – BE the change you want to see. Love fearlessly and without limits. No act of love or kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. The best part of life is not just surviving, but thriving with passion, compassion, humor, generosity, and kindness, and using these tools to improve the lives of those around you. Smile, and help others smile too. If you don’t have the power or strength to write someone’s happiness, then try to help them remove their sadness instead. And don’t let the numbers overwhelm you. You can’t help everyone. Focus on assisting one person at a time, and always start with the person closest to you.
Suspended staircase combined with desk and storage space by Mieke Meijer
Can we all agree that this is the cutest thing ever?
Ohh my pwedeng couples… but still at the end of the day Usher has to pick one
Malaya Watson channeled Chaka Khan with her performance of “Through The Fire!”
FULL TFIOS MOVIE SOUNDTRACK
- Ed Sheeran – All Of The Stars
- Jake Bugg – Simple As This
- Grouplove – Let Me In
- Birdy & Jaymes Young – Best Shot
- Kodaline – All I Want
- Tom Odell – Long Way Down
- Charli XCX – Boom Clap
- STRFKR – While I’m Alive
- Indians – Oblivion
- The Radio Dept. – Strange Things Will Happen
- Afasi & Filthy – Bomfallarella
- Ray LaMontagne – Without Words
- Birdy – Not About Angels
- Lykke Li – No One Ever Loved
- M83 – Wait
- Birdy – Tee Shirt (bonus track)